1. G. M. Slavich, "Life stress and health: A review of conceptual issues and recent findings", Teach. Psychol.
, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 346-355, Oct. 2016.
2.G. S. Shields and G. M. Slavich, "Lifetime stress exposure and health: A review of contemporary assessment methods and biological mechanisms", Social Personality Psychol. Compass
, vol. 11, no. 8, Aug. 2017.
3. G. M. Slavich, J. G. Stewart, E. C. Esposito, G. S. Shields and R. P. Auerbach, "The stress and adversity inventory for adolescents (Adolescent STRAIN): Associations with mental and physical health risky behaviors and psychiatric diagnoses in youth seeking treatment", J. Child Psychol. Psychiatry
, vol. 60, no. 9, pp. 998-1009, Sep. 2019.
4. J. D. Lie, K. N. Tu, D. D. Shen and B. M. Wong, "Pharmacological treatment of insomnia", Pharmacy Therapeutics
, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 756-768, Nov. 2015.
5. M. Kramer, "Long-term use of sleeping pills in chronic insomnia" in Sleep and Sleep Disorders, Boston, MA USA:Springer, pp. 135-140, 2006.
6. E. Hwang and S. Shin, "The effects of aromatherapy on sleep improvement: A systematic literature review and meta-analysis", J. Alternative Complementary Med.
, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 61-68, Feb. 2015.
7. A. Takeda, E. Watanuki and S. Koyama, "Effects of inhalation aromatherapy on symptoms of sleep disturbance in the elderly with dementia", Evidence-Based Complementary Alternative Med.
, vol. 2017, Mar. 2017.
8. M. de Witte, G.-J. Stams, X. Moonen, A. E. R. Bos and S. van Hooren, "Music therapy for stress reduction: A systematic review and meta-analysis", Health Psychol. Rev.
, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 134-159, Nov. 2020.
9. M. da Silva Junior, R. C. de Freitas, W. P. dos Santos, W. W. A. da Silva, M. C. A. Rodrigues and E. F. Q. Conde, "Exploratory study of the effect of binaural beat stimulation on the EEG activity pattern in resting state using artificial neural networks", Cognit. Syst. Res.
, vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 1-20, May 2019.
10. L. Chaieb, E. C. Wilpert, T. P. Reber and J. Fell, "Auditory beat stimulation and its effects on cognition and mood states", Frontiers Psychiatry
, vol. 6, pp. 70, May 2015.
11. L. Harmat, J. Takács and R. Bódizs, "Music improves sleep quality in students", J. Adv. Nursing
, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 327-335, May 2008.
12. C.-Y. Chen, "The Study of different frequencies on binaural beats music for attention or meditation EEG signals", 2013.
M. Lee, C.-B. Song, G.-H. Shin and S.-W. Lee, "Possible effect of binaural beat combined with autonomous sensory meridian response for inducing sleep", Frontiers Hum. Neurosci.
, vol. 13, pp. 425, Dec. 2019.
W. M. F. W. M. Noor, N. Zaini, H. Norhazman and M. F. A. Latip, "Dynamic encoding of binaural beats for brainwave entrainment", Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Control Syst. Comput. Eng.
, pp. 626-630, Nov. 2013.
W. R. Watkins, "Constructive and unconstructive repetitive thought", Psychol. Bull.
, vol. 134, no. 2, pp. 163-206, Mar. 2008.
M. V. Thoma, R. La Marca, R. Brönnimann, L. Finkel, U. Ehlert and U. M. Nater, "The effect of music on the human stress response", PLoS ONE
, vol. 8, no. 8, Aug. 2013.
17. J. J. Alvarsson, S. Wiens and M. E. Nilsson, "Stress recovery during exposure to nature sound and environmental noise", Int. J. Environ. Res. Public Health
, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 1036-1046, Mar. 2010.
18. S.-C. Lee, "The generation of chi by stimulation methods", pp. 117-125, 1989.
19. S.-C. Lee, Scientific Chi-Kong, Suncolor, Taipei, Taiwan, 2017.
20. W. Liu, L. Schaffer, N. Herrs, C. Chollet and S. Taylor, "Improved sleep after qigong exercise in breast cancer survivors: A pilot study", Asia–Pacific J. Oncol. Nursing
, vol. 2, no. 4, pp. 232-239, Oct. 2015.
21. N. Jirakittayakorn and Y. Wongsawat, "A novel insight of effects of a 3-Hz binaural beat on sleep stages during sleep", Frontiers Hum. Neurosci.
, vol. 12, pp. 387, Sep. 2018.
22. B. C. J. Moore, An Introduction to the Psychology of Hearing, Bingley, U.K.:Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2012.
23. D. A. Brahmankar, R. Dange and V. Mankar, "The effect of resonance on human consciousness", Int. J. Comput. Appl.
, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 15-17, Mar. 2012.
H. D. O. Perez, G. Dumas and A. Lehmann, "Binaural Beats through the auditory pathway: From brainstem to connectivity patterns", Eneuro
, vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 1-18, 2020.
N. Jirakittayakorn and Y. Wongsawat, "Brain responses to a 6-Hz binaural beat: Effects on general theta rhythm and frontal midline theta activity", Frontiers Neurosci.
, vol. 11, pp. 365, Jun. 2017.
L. Chaieb, E. C. Wilpert, C. Hoppe, N. Axmacher and J. Fell, "The impact of monaural beat stimulation on anxiety and cognition", Frontiers Hum. Neurosci.
, vol. 11, pp. 251, May 2017.
27. P. Hübner, Invocation of WorldWorld Conscience, Apr. 2020, [online] Available: https://www.peterhuebner.com/en/index.htm
28. M. Derner, L. Chaieb, G. Dehnen, T. P. Reber, V. Borger, R. Surges, et al., "Auditory beat stimulation modulates memory-related single-neuron activity in the human medial temporal lobe", Brain Sci.
, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 364, Mar. 2021.
29. R. Draganova, B. Ross, A. Wollbrink and C. Pantev, "Cortical steady-state responses to central and peripheral auditory beats", Cerebral Cortex
, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 1193-1200, May 2008.
D. W. Schwarz and P. Taylor, "Human auditory steady state responses to binaural and monaural beats", Clin. Neurophysiol.
, vol. 116, no. 3, pp. 658-668, 2005.
31. T. L. Goldsby, M. E. Goldsby, M. McWalters and P. J. Mills, "Effects of singing bowl sound meditation on mood tension and well-being: An observational study", J. Evidence-Based Complementary Alternative Med.
, vol. 22, no. 3, pp. 401-406, Jul. 2017.
32. B. Ross, T. Miyazaki, J. Thompson, S. Jamali and T. Fujioka, "Human cortical responses to slow and fast binaural beats reveal multiple mechanisms of binaural hearing", J. Neurophysiol.
, vol. 112, no. 8, pp. 1871-1884, Oct. 2014.
33. A. Crespo, M. Recuero, G. Galvez and A. Begoña, "Effect of binaural stimulation on attention and EEG", Arch. Acoust.
, vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 517-528, Dec. 2013.
34. H. Pratt, A. Starr, H. J. Michalewski, A. Dimitrijevic, N. Bleich and N. Mittelman, "A comparison of auditory evoked potentials to acoustic beats and to binaural beats", Hearing Res.
, vol. 262, no. 1, pp. 34-44, Apr. 2010.
T.-C. Tsai, "On exploration of categorical and dimensional approaches to emotion: A neurophysiologic study", 2009.
A. Yang, "The relationship among electroencephalography skin conductance response heart rate variability and mental health among smartphone users after receiving texting or calling", 2017.
M. Pawlaczyk-Łuszczynska and A. Dudarewicz, "Impact of very high-frequency sound and low-frequency ultrasound on people–the current state of the art", Int. J. Occupational Med. Environ. Health
, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 389-408, Apr. 2020.
38. C. Jurado and T. Marquardt, "Brain's frequency following responses to low-frequency and infrasound", Arch. Acoust.
, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 313-319, 2020.
39. L. Wang, E. Noordanus and A. J. Van Opstal, "Towards real-time detection of auditory steady-state responses: A comparative study", IEEE Access
, vol. 9, pp. 108975-108991, 2021. View Article
Reverberator, Oct. 2021, [online] Available: https://www.mathworks.com/help/audio/ref/reverberator-system-object.html#responsive_offcanvas
41. Y. Liu, O. Sourina and M. K. Nguyen, "Real-time EEG-based emotion recognition and its applications" in Transactions on Computational Science XII, Cham, Switzerland:Springer Springer, vol. 6670, pp. 256-277, 2011.
42. M. Murugappan, N. Ramachandran and Y. Sazali, "Classification of human emotion from EEG using discrete wavelet transform", J. Biomed. Sci. Eng.
, vol. 3, no. 4, pp. 390-396, 2010.
43. J. Abitbol, The Power of the Voice, San Diego, CA, USA:Plural Publishing, 2016.
44. S. Danho, W. Schoellhorn and M. Aclan, "Innovative technical implementation of the Schumann resonances and its influence on organisms and biological cells", Proc. IOP Conf. Mater. Sci. Eng.
, Oct. 2019.
45. Analysis of Variance (ANOVA), Jan. 2022, [online] Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_of_variance
Instruments and Analyzers, Oct. 2021, [online] Available: https://www.bksv.com/en/instruments
E. Yin, T. Zeyl, R. Saab, D. Hu, Z. Zhou and T. Chau, "An auditory-tactile visual saccade-independent P300 brain–computer interface", Int. J. Neural Syst.
, vol. 26, no. 1, Feb. 2016.
T. Zeyl, E. Yin, M. Keightley and T. Chau, "Improving bit rate in an auditory BCI: Exploiting error-related potentials", Brain-Comput. Interface
, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 75-87, 2016.
49. Phase, Apr. 2022, [online] Available: https://ptolemy.berkeley.edu/eecs20/week8/phase.html
50. M. Wereski, "The threshold of hearing", STEAM J.
, vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 1-4, Sep. 2015.
P. S. Sundar, C. Chowdhury and S. Kamarthi, "Evaluation of human ear anatomy and functionality by axiomatic design", Biomimetics
, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 31, May 2021.
52. Equal-loudness contour, Apr. 2022, [online] Available: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal-loudness_contour#/media/File:Lindos1.svg
53. A. D'Atri, C. Romano, M. Gorgoni, S. Scarpelli, V. Alfonsi, M. Ferrara, et al., "Bilateral 5 Hz transcranial alternating current stimulation on fronto-temporal areas modulates resting-state EEG", Scientific Reports
, vol. 7, pp. 1-11, Nov. 2017.